Whenever there is any talk about successful and rich people Elon musk, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, these names come in everyone’s mind. We all want to be successful like them but very few of us actually make it. The very first question comes in our mind is that is it possible to become successful in our lives? Let me tell you a secret: They are not so unique, they all are like us but there is something which they do on a regular basis which we don’t. This article is all about making you aware of those practices which all successful people have done and are regularly doing it. Stay till the end of the article and surely you are going to know secrets (not so secret) which they know but we all are unaware about.
Habits & mindset differentiate successful people from unsuccessful, rich from poor. It is evident from the study of most successful people that they have same kind of habits which they regularly practice without missing any day. You all know about Compounding Effect, the small action-oriented steps on regular basis makes a huge impact in their lives. Another important trait is their mindset. Look at any of their biographies, they have different mindset from rest of us, they don’t believe in what society has to say, they are passionate about what they do, they believe that they can be successful and see every obstacle as an opportunity to create something bigger whose fruits is not only limited to themselves but reaped by all of us.
Here, are 4 things you should practice from today to see a big change in your life that will help you to become more successful:
1. Environment: It is very important to surround yourself with people who force you to get out of your comfort zone and also help you to achieve your goals. Remember, your surrounding will highly impact your mindset and your mind can lead to either your destination or can bring destruction. Choose your surroundings wisely.
Action – Surround yourself with people who are better than you, try to talk with those having same goal as of you or already achieved. Ask them about their advice and how they managed to get there.
2. Read & Learn: Reading is the root cause behind every successful person. Every one of them advises others to regularly read about different streams. The best part of reading is you can get knowledge about anything without investing your large amount of energy, time and significantly reduce the chances of your failure. Warren Buffet daily reads 500 pages, Bill gates read 3 books per week. Every one of them is doing it and so you should too.
Action – Read at least 30 minutes a day. Don’t excuse yourself with lack of time. Today, you have to decide whether you want to be successful or just want to give bullshit justifications for not achieving anything.
3. Time Management: Time is one of the most precious commodity you have. You can use it to do useful things or can waste it by doing unnecessary stuff. From all of their interviews it can be seen that they all know how to use their time effectively. They have a to-do list every day and have priorities set according to their schedule. They execute all the things in that order which allows them to introspect on how they are using their time.
Action – Prepare a to-do list which includes a set of actions to be taken in their priority. You can use 80/20 rule to increase your productivity. At the end of day be sure that you are executing all those things which are included in your list.
4. Learn Mental Models: May be very few of you know about mental models but it allows an average person to become smarter. It is used by all successful people out there which allows them to save a lot of time and energy in fighting with problems faced by them. What is mental model? There are lot of mental models prepared by those successful people. “First principle” given by Elon musk, 80/20 rule etc.
Action – Try to learn and implement these models in your day to day life.
3 ways to become rich and successful:
1. Find a mentor: We all need a mentor in our life who have already achieved what we want because it will not only provide their valuable advice but also help us out of any problem. It can be anyone from your family, neighbors, books, or those who are already richer like Warren Buffet. Try to learn their mindset, how they take decisions in their life and learn from their mistakes. They will surely help in minimizing your chances of failure.
Action – If you are a programmer or from technical background then learn from Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, Bill Gates. If you are an investor try to learn from Warren Buffet.
2. Educate yourself: It is very important that whatever you want to achieve you need to constantly learn and educate yourself about it. You want to become rich, try to educate yourself about financial knowledge (I am not saying that you need to be a master but you must know basic things related to finance).
Action – Read “Rich dad poor dad” and other financial related books.
3. Investing: If you want to be richer quickly (minimum 10 years) try to invest in real estate, stocks etc. whatever you prefer but remember you need to research about them first, they seem to be riskier but the profit is enormous. You can become rich in a very short span of time if you are investing intelligently.
I am not saying adopting the above-mentioned habits is going to be easy and it will take some time. Remember perseverance, smart work, belief and faith are the essential ingredients of a successful people.